WHO WE ARE
UNIVERSAL is a fully integrated group of companies involved in sourcing, storage, and distribution of petroleum products as well as lubricants manufacturing and marketing within UAE and overseas.
Company has Strategically located Lube Oil Blending Plant (LOBP), Storage facilities in the Middle East, Southeast Asia, and expanding in to new horizons, India and Africa, with the most extensive and flexible independent storage facilities supported by exclusive/ dedicated berths for breaking bulks, transshipment, and redistribution across the world
In view of practicing high international levels of standard in our businesses, our performance has been well recognized. This testifies once viewed in the light of fact that within only two decades, we have emerged into a thriving business conglomerate, and have received countless awards for our performance with the most recent being as the ‘Top 5 Exporters Award’ by the Sharjah Chamber of Commerce and Industries.
- Teamwork – Working together by sharing ownership, responsibilities and outcomes
- Integrity – Being honest, truthful, reliable and fair while dealing with all stakeholders
- Transparency – Being open, straightforward and consistent in all we do by communicating with clarity, simplicity and precision
- Respect – Respecting difference and valuing people
- Customer Focus – Position customer first in all that we do
UNIVERSAL is committed to the safe and efficient operation of its facilities. Our goals are to prevent all accident, injuries and occupational illness and to protect the environment. In order to achieve this, we will.
- Promote Health, Safety, Security & Environment (HSSE) in all of our companies and manage it in the same way as any other critical business activity.
- Comply with all applicable laws and regulations and apply appropriate standards where legislation does not exist.
- Operate a sound HSSE Management System, in which competencies, responsibilities and communication channels are clearly defined.
- Provide a safe and healthy work environment for all employees and contractors with adequate facilities and appropriate protective equipment.
- Identify and analyze potential hazards and security threats and implement measures to avoid, prevent, control and restrict the associated risks.
- Be prepared for a quick and efficient response to emergency situations to minimize the potential impact of incidents should they occur.
- Design, build and maintain facilities and use services in a manner that prevents risk to people and the environment.
- Provide training and job-specific education to all employees -supported by internal standards, procedures and instructions.
- Use energy and natural resources efficiently, prevent pollution and raise employee´s awareness to minimize adverse impacts on the environment.
- Set targets and benchmark our performance to achieve continuous improvement and ensure compliance with all applicable standards.
The management will visibly and rigorously support the implementation of this policy. We also expect the support of all employees, contractors and others working for us in order to make our HSSE performance one which will earn us the continuing confidence of our customers, neighbors and the community at large.